- Sintra - Pena Palace
- Sintra - Chalet Garden and the Countess d'Edla
- Sintra - Regaleira Palace
- Sintra - Monserrate Palace
- Mafra - A National Palace
THE NATIONAL PENA PALACE
Located in the district of Lisbon, the parish of São Pedro of Penaferrim, a municipality of the village of Sintra, was appointed as one of the Seven Wonders of Portugal, on July 7th 2007.
The palace is built on huge rocks hills with a huge mixture of styles, Neo-Gothic, Neo-Manueline, Neo-Islamic, Neo-renaissance and with other artistic Oriental Indian features.
This palace is one of the best expressions of the world Romanticism architectural of the nineteenth century.
CHALET AND GARDEN OF THE COUNTESS D'EDLANow a part of the visit program of Pena Park, the XIX century building orded by King D. Fernando II (which also ordered the building of Palácio da Pena) Countess and Swiss-German singer who was the second wife of the Portuguese monarch.
Inspired by the Swiss mountain buildings, the Chalet has a characteristic architecture, with masonry walls to imitate wood and vain, and the eaves and balconies coated with virgin cork,.
The garden and surrounding park together with the botanical features from around the world are also notable inheritances from Australia and New Zealand.
QUINTA DA REGALEIRA PALACE
Surrounded by lushest gardens, lakes, caves and mystical constructions hiding alchemical secrets, such as the well known Freemasonry, Templars and the Rosicrucian Fellowship this site is thickened by a constant fogy mystifying great aura.
The palace recalls the Romantic, Gothic, Renaissance and Manueline architecture.
THE PALACE OF MONTSERRAT
Located in São Martinho of Sintra, district of Lisbon, this site dates back to the XIX century, designed by architect James Knowles and built in 1858 ordered by Sir Francis Cook, Monserrate Viscount, the gardens development was delivered to the painter William Stockdale, the botanist William Nevill and James Burt, master gardener.
This heaven was erected on the ruins of a neo-Gothic mansion built by the English merchant Gerard Visme, who imported Brazilian wood pau-brasil to Portugal. He was responsible for the first palace of Monserrate. William Beckford rented the property in 1793 creating new landscapes and garden renovations later on acquired by the Portuguese government in 1949.
Another example of the Portuguese Romanticism Age.
NATIONAL PALACE OF MAFRAThis National Conventual Palace is located in the municipality of Mafra, district of Lisbon.
This site and monastery presents a German Baroque style, started in 1717, initiative of King D. João V of Portugal, a promise to Queen D. Maria Ana of Austria for future engagement.
The Palace was classified as a National Monument in 1910 and a finalist for one of the Seven Wonders of Portugal on July 7th 2007.